If you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us with your questions!
- "L" shaped sofa; armchair, plus two stuffed ottomans that can be used for sitting or resting feet.
- Ceiling fan with variable speed control.
- 55" Samsung Smart TV with basic cable channels and apps for all major streaming video servers to use with your own subscriptions/user ids.
- Blue-ray DVD player.
- 1st generation Apple TV for streaming video or Airplay from your computer or handheld device.
- Large, "wrap-around" windows with plenty of natural light.
- 100 meg broadband internet via wi-fi throughout the home.
- Large, "distressed" wood dining room table with two end-chairs plus two benches.
- Seats 8 without additional leaves (stored in main floor hallway utility closet) or 10-12 with both leaves installed.)
- Large windows with plenty of natural light.
Le Grand Merci sleeps up to ten people
- Three bedrooms - 2 with king-sized beds (Master suite on main floor plus back upstairs bedroom) and 1 with queen-sized bed (front upstairs bedroom).
- Two upstairs hallway “yacht-style” youth bunks.
- One queen-sized sleeper sofa in the living room.
- All beds are furnished with high thread-count linens, pillows, etc. Master bedroom has extra pillows.
- Ideally, full capacity would be 6-8 adults (bedrooms/living room sofa sleeper) plus 2-4 youth or children (upstairs hall "yacht-style" bunks/living room sofa sleeper).
Master Suite Configuration
- Sitting area with large window.
- Ensuite full bathroom with large walk-in shower, dual vanities, plus commode.
- Direct access via large, sliding-glass door to a private, screened-in porch.
- 50" Samsung Smart TV with basic cable channels and apps for all major streaming video servers to use with your own subscriptions/user ids.
Please note: There are no TV's in either of the upstairs bedrooms, but high-speed internet is available via wi-fi throughout the house for viewing streaming video.
- Three full inside bathrooms. (One on each floor for guests plus one connected to master bedroom.)
- One ground level, "beach-friendly," private outdoor shower with hot and cold water and toilet.
- All inside bathrooms are furnished with high-quality bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths. PLEASE NOTE: Beach towels are NOT furnished!
Fully equipped with all-new GE stainless steel appliances.
- Electric four-burner stove.
- Full-sized "side-by-side" refrigerator with water and ice dispenser.
- Dual farmhouse sink with garbage disposal.
- Custom cabinetry with "slow/self-closing doors".
- Coffee maker (twelve cup - uses "flat-bottom" standard coffee filters.)
- Simple, single-cup Keurig coffee maker.
- A good array of pots, pans, and other cooking utensils.
- Enough dishes, tableware, glasses, cups, etc., for at least ten guests.
- Stackable washer and dryer is located in the hall closet on the main floor for easy accessibility.
- Le Grand Merci has room to park up to four vehicles plus an adjacent sandy area perfect for your boat, kayaks, or jet-skis.
- The driveway to Le Grand Merci is directly connected to Cape San Blas Road less than one mile south of the entrance to the T.H. Stone Memorial State Park in the Cape Breezes subdivision.
Rental of Le Grand Merci includes the right to use the direct, Cape Breezes neighborhood-only access points for the Gulf of Mexico beach and to St. Joseph's Bay.
- There are two Cape Breezes beach access points and one Cape Breezes bay access points.
- All of the Cape Breezes beach and bay access points are all the same distance (five-minute paved walk) from Le Grand Merci.
- The north Cape Breezes beach access point has a wooden dune walk-over with stairs and a limited parking area.
- The southern Cape Breezes beach access point (our family favorite) is by dune path that spills out on the beach a short distance away from Rish Park where there are usually less people.
- The Cape Breezes bay access point is by path through the trees. It is best suited for wading, scalloping (in season only!), or launching a light kayak.
- Please note that neither the Cape Breezes beach or bay access points have any bathroom facilities.
- A very short, further distance heading north up Cape San Blas Road is a public beach access point with more parking and a bathroom.
- Inside the State Park (entrance is less than one mile up the road or paved bike path from Le Grand Merci driveway), there is a boat launch; small marina and store; Gulf of Mexico and St. Joseph beach access, and a "toddler-friendly" beach and snorkeling area with limited wave action.
The best and largest beaches with plenty of white sand, etc., are on our northern end of the Peninsula.
- A basic propane gas grill is located on the ground level under the house. Basic grilling utensils are stored in the kitchen. PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT guarantee propane in the tank. If it is empty, filling the propane bottle is renter's responsibility. This can be done at the Trading Post very close by on Cape San Blas Road. It is also the renter's responsibility to clean the gas grill if they use it since our professional cleaning crew does NOT clean the gas grill. Thank you in advance for your help and understanding with this!
- The storage box under the house contains a few beach chairs, sand toys, and inflatables for your enjoyment.
- Additional recreational items including bicycles; golf carts; pontoon or fishing boats; paddleboards; other watercraft; and fishing gear; etc., are readably available for rent close by Le Grand Merci on the Peninsula.